Our Top Social Media Stories From This Week

January 24, 2019




Social Media

There’s been a lot going on in the world of social media, especially with Facebook. Here are our top social media news stories from this week.

Facebook adds new page tab called Page Quality

Facebook is continuing its efforts to cut down on misuse. Just this week, the platform added a new page feature called Page Quality. Page Quality will help provide page administrators with insights on possible rule violations found on their page. Facebook has stated that “[Through the Page Quality tab] people who manage a Page will see when we remove certain content that goes against our Community Standards and when we reduce the distribution of posts that have been rated false by a third-party fact-checker.”  Ultimately, the new tab is meant to educate page managers on what they are doing wrong and help them avoid getting shut down.

Facebook now lets you create your own petitions

Facebook users can now add titles, descriptions, and images to their petitions. The goal is to help local organizations make their petitions go viral and gain more support. While it is easy to identify Facebook’s good/positive intentions, it is important to acknowledge the potential problems that could stem from this new feature if petition topics are not monitored. As this feature continues to roll out through the United States we will keep an eye out.

Youtube TV expands throughout US markets

Youtube TV has announced that they are continuing to expand. As of now, Youtube TV is covering 98% of households in the United States and plan to cover the remaining 2% very soon. Youtube TV provides viewers with cable, local channels and Youtube content. According to the platform, watch time on actual TV sets had doubled over the last year.

LinkedIn adds a new feature for ad campaigns

This week, LinkedIn shares its new interest targeting options for promoting. LinkedIn explains, “Interest targeting lets you reach members with relevant ads that match their professional interests – based on the content they share and engage with on LinkedIn. With these added options, you can more easily achieve your campaign objectives and grow your business.”  As of now, you can select over 200 different ‘interests’.


You can find similar stories here.