Netflix Party: Chrome Extension Available Now
March 27, 2020
As millions of people around the world enter stay-at-home orders, Netflix is making sure to help keep people occupied. According to Entertainment Weekly, Netflix viewership is souring and stated they have enough content to keep us entertained for months.
They have also released Netflix Party, this free Chrome extension allows you to watch Netflix alongside your friends, with a text chat giving you the chance to talk about the episode while it’s playing. That way while we are all at home we can watch our favorite shows together.
How to watch Netflix Party
1. First, you need to head over to Netflixparty.com and click on “Install Netflix Party.”
2. Once you’ve been redirected to the Chrome Web Store you can finish installing the extension by hitting “Add to Chrome”.
3. Once you have added the extension, open Netflix and decide which show you should watch!
4. Start playing the video, and there will be a red “NP” icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
5. From there you can decide whether to join the party, or start it, and chat with friends and strangers alike.
To see what’s new on Netflix and what’s coming in the next couple months, click here!